SUPERLINER is a high build, high performance Polyurethane-urea elastomer spray lining offering the highest level of fine particle abrasion resistance in a batch -mix spray. It also possesses other properties such as high tensile strength, good elongation, and adhesion. As an aliphatic-hybrid urethane-urea, SUPERLINER has significantly better UV stability, hydrolytic stability, and resistance to many chemicals than aromatic urethanes, and is not affected by moisture as are standard urethanes. It applies quickly with coats of up to 20 mils (0.50mm) DFT on horizontal or vertical surfaces, which also cure quickly. Typical applications involve truck accessories, abrasion resistance, or where a very hydrolytically stable urethane is required.
PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF CURED LINING
- Makeup: Aliphatic
- Real Elastomer (Minimum 100% elong.): Yes, 350-390% elongation
- Flexible: Highly (Temp –80 F – +180 F)
- Hardness: 93 Shore A
- Tensile Strength, psi (MPa) (ASTM D412): 3882-4286 psi
- Tear Strength, Die C, pli (kN/m) (ASTM D624): 451-509
- Contains fillers: No – pure urethane
- Chemical resistance: Inherently very good, does not reduce with time
- Hydrolytic Stability: Same as above
- UV Stability: Excellent – keeps gloss well
- Color Stability: Very Good – keeps color well
- Equipment: Hopper Gun used with Air Compressor
Actual sprayed samples at recommended thickness. Not cast, or laboratory sample.